About Me

I'm a 27-year-old mother of 3 with a full-time job that has me on the road a lot. I've been looking for a way to get myself back on track and live a healthier lifestyle. I hope you'll join me on my journey!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Yoga Schmoga... food choices and my weigh-in

Ugh. I tried the yoga. I really did. It just didn't do it for me. To be fair, I only got about 6 minutes in before I couldn't take it anymore. In addition to not being a fan, I don't know the names of any of the poses. So I was trying to do the moves and watch the screen (which didn't work) and it all just moved too fast. I felt dumb! This was by far my LEAST favorite workout, and I'm glad that even though today was supposed to be a light, recovery day, I did Plyo Fix instead. I am happy to report that I did not come nearly as close to dying this time as when I first did it a week ago! That's a win, for sure!

The other piece of today that really hit me was the lunch that I passed up. Most weekends we do Sunday dinner with my in-laws. It is a fabulous tradition and today we had some of my FAVORITE foods. But I ate my packed lunch of pork tenderloin, cottage cheese, and carrots. With an avocado & tortilla chips snack. I was really proud of that.

Seriously, there was a time when I could have had 1/2 that pan of potatoes by myself. But I started breaking down the portions - meatballs: 2 reds, part green (tomato sauce), part yellow (breading), scalloped corn I don't actually eat, but lots of yellows here! Then "my potatoes," lots, lots more yellows and blues (potatoes, cornflakes, cheese, cream), and green bean casserole (yellows, yellows, more yellows, blue, green). So it really made me think about it in a different way. As much as I love all this food, ONE of these with other healthy things - plain green beans or a baked potato would be a much better choice for me. So I've gained perspective, I guess, and eating my pork chop wasn't completely sad, as much as I wanted to take the potatoes into the truck and hide and eat them all. ;-)


7 Days Later...
Now on to the big topic of the day. My one week weigh in. Now let me preface this with: I lost 4.5in, which is wonderful, and I get that. But I was only down .2lb. That's the lowest amount of weight I've ever lost in one week while actually trying to lose weight. Pardon me for being crass, but I could pee and lose more than that. So it was very frustrating.

People say inches are more important, but here's my problem with inches.
1. I don't trust myself to actually measure accurately. I could have moved the tape measure just slightly or been in a different position (because obviously a week ago is a long time to remember!) and those inches that I "lost" are gone.
2. I didn't actually lose any inches in either of the areas that I'm most concerned about (hips and thighs).

So yeah. I'm having a rough day. It really got to me this morning, and my poor husband wasn't quite sure what to do with me, I don't think. But I packed up my meals just like I'm supposed to and am going to keep at it and trust the program.

I'm trying to get more variety in my meals this next week, and I have every intention of doing doubles and the 3 Day Quick Fix next week. I'm going to keep working hard and hopefully have a much happier post about my results next week.

Regardless of my end results though, the change I have already seen in my children and my family and how we eat and discuss food and exercise is worth every drop of sweat and every penny I've spent on groceries and this program.

Today's Biggest: 
Challenge(s): Hated the yoga, and did not come anywhere close to seeing the results I was hoping for. 

Success(es): Pushing through, even though I am extremely frustrated. I also tried greek yogurt today, with a splash of raw honey and blueberries, and it was excellent!


Tomorrow I will try to:
  • Find a place to fit in my workout - I'll be leaving the house at 7am and not getting home until after 9pm. I feel like my choices are either get up early (which I hate and am rarely able to do) or do it late (which might keep me awake half the night...). 
  • Drink more water! I'm struggling with this again today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment