About Me

I'm a 27-year-old mother of 3 with a full-time job that has me on the road a lot. I've been looking for a way to get myself back on track and live a healthier lifestyle. I hope you'll join me on my journey!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Starting Week 2!

Yesterday was a ROUGH day. I am not one to get up early, I take all the sleep I can get. So yesterday I was up at 5:30 and on the road by 7:00. After a 2 hour drive to work (with one of my FAVORITE people in the world), a 2 hour drive back, and then an hour drive to and from a 3.5 hour gymnastics practice (home at 9:30pm) in wind and sometimes near white-out conditions... I think you get the picture. I was tired.

So at 9:45 last night I forced myself to do my workout! My husband even gave me an out and agreed with me that I was not a horrible person if I didn't get it in (sweet guy) and I did it anyway! Win! I can feel myself getting stronger - I'm doing fewer and fewer of the modifications in the routines. I'm also gaining flexibility quickly. I could tell that after just a couple of days, but I can really tell now, a week in.

The key to this program working is definitely planning. People see my meal plan and think it's a lot of work, but to me it was pretty simple to set up, and I enjoy being organized. It's mindless, and something I can control, and easy, and that's not something I can say about many things in my life.

Rylee made me do conditioning on the beam with her tonight. Have you ever tried to do lunges on a balance beam? Then add step up into a kick. And a hop. First of all, new respect for those little girls. Second of all, I have to say this momma actually did pretty well! Then, even though today was Upper Fix, she also had me do arm and ab workouts on the beam. She is a great coach, very empathetic, but I struggled! I also whined. Rylee did not. She told me at gymnastics that's just not what they do. Oh, how much I love that girl!

Another exciting thing to note this week - my sister has joined our challenge group! I know I have a ton of awesome ladies in my challenge group who are totally supportive, but I'm so excited to have my sister! We have plans to work out together this weekend and I am so excited to have a partner. That will definitely help mix things up a little bit. 

Side note - I know it's hard to tell from this picture, but I just felt like my portion of pasta was HUGE tonight, even though I measured it in the container. Is anyone else feeling this way? It's whole wheat thin spaghetti



I am SO excited for my lunch tomorrow! Stay tuned!

Today's Biggest: 
Challenge(s): I'm STILL struggling to get my purples/yellows in before 6pm. Thoughts on this? I know it comes down to planning, but I can't cut these things out of my family's diet completely for dinner, because who knows what they eat the rest of the day - however, we just don't usually eat that early. I'm almost always done by 7:00. Maybe that's the best I can do for now. 

Success: Working out late Monday night even though I was exhausted (I know that wasn't today, but I think it needs to be mentioned anyway), 

Tomorrow I will try to:
  • Go harder during my workout - need to remember to push myself as I get better at them
  • Prep my lunches for the rest of the week so I don't get stuck

No comments:

Post a Comment