About Me

I'm a 27-year-old mother of 3 with a full-time job that has me on the road a lot. I've been looking for a way to get myself back on track and live a healthier lifestyle. I hope you'll join me on my journey!

Monday, February 17, 2014

Day 1 is Finally Here!

So because I'm such a nerd I keep waiting for today to "feel" different. Rationally I know it won't, but in my head today has been almost exciting as a birthday! You know, all the prep and planning, you're going to be a WHOLE YEAR OLDER - but the day comes and your plans are in place but you don't really, actually FEEL older.

Last night I measured out and prepped as much of my food for today as I could. Breakfast was Shakeo with almond milk and a banana (red, yellow, 2 purples), brought my peanuts (orange) as a snack to work, and then had 2 steak fajitas with peppers and cheese (red, yellow, green, blue) for lunch when I got home. I had to get my yellows out of the way since I won't get to eat dinner before the 6pm cut-off of yellows and purples.



Then it was time for: TOTAL BODY CARDIO! Ugh. I'm still sore from the Plyo Fix, so it was tough, but I made it through! I have never been so happy to see an ab workout pop up at the end though! It was a good workout, but this one was not as difficult as Plyo Fix.










After all that, it's on the road to gymnastics for Rylee with my baggy of carrots for a snack! The best part of today? Guess what I got?!

Thank you Facebook swap sites! I can't wait for husband to hang it up so I can get to work!

Late dinner - turkey bacon, cottage cheese, more carrots (2 reds, 1 green). Not sure how I feel about eating this late. I'm going to have to look into options for Mondays/Thursdays and eating on the road...


Today's Biggest: 
Challenge(s): We're on a boil order again, so a) I had to BUY water today, b) it's a lot harder to kick a Diet Mountain Dew habit when the substitute (water) isn't readily available, but the Diet Dew is! I'm also fighting a sore throat.

Success: The punching bag, of course! Can't wait! The other was that even though I was completely tempted to get Subway on the way home, or grab a thing of Twizzlers from the gas station, and the fact that I was given a CANDY BAR as part of a gift bag - I said not to ALL of them. So on day 1 the score is: Leslie: 1, Temptations: 0

Tomorrow I will try to:
  • Push harder in my workout
  • Finish my food earlier in the day
  • Plan my meals vs workouts better (worked out right after lunch today - not my best idea).
  • Plan to work out right after work, before husband gets home

No comments:

Post a Comment