About Me

I'm a 27-year-old mother of 3 with a full-time job that has me on the road a lot. I've been looking for a way to get myself back on track and live a healthier lifestyle. I hope you'll join me on my journey!

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Amazing food, my story, and more!

I had the most AMAZING, you'd never believe I was on a diet, meal tonight! But more about that later!

I got to sleep in this morning, which was nice, but it sort of threw off my schedule. I went to my moms today to visit and ended up assembling her treadmill. This was definitely my upper body workout for today! Between tightening tough screws and lifting the base to get to the pieces
underneath, it definitely worked my arms! But I had a VERY cute helper, and I was glad to do it. It was kind of fun to build something, and it was a fun family activity (with some friends, too).

I ran to the grocery store after that and picked up some different groceries - I've been having trouble meeting my reds (about 50/50), so I picked up more cottage cheese, some greek yogurt (which I've never had), and some ricotta cheese. I would love to know exactly what people do with ricotta cheese. I only bought it because I knew it was on the red list. I don't actually know what people do with it, other than maybe put it in lasagna. Recipes or tips in the comments for both the ricotta and the plain greek yogurt are VERY welcome (and encouraged)!

Today was Dirty 30. A lot of people on the message boards liked this one, so I was excited, but I don't think it's one of my favorites. I know they are good for me, but I am not a fan of using weights. Oh well. I still worked hard. Tomorrow is yoga, but I'm considering throwing in Plyo Fix with it... We'll see how my schedule goes tomorrow!

So my meal. Wow. I saved up some of my categories, and I did cheat just the tiniest bit (I had 2 blues instead of 1 - but I didn't eat an orange to try and balance it out). Here it is, a grilled cheese sandwich on whole wheat, stuffed with turkey bacon, peppers, and avocado (the extra blue). It was absolutely amazing!!! I highly recommend it.


One of the things I really struggled with over the last several months was motivation. I had my baby in April, gave myself 2 weeks to relax, and then really started focusing on eating better. After two more weeks of that I started running and working out. I lost 20lb of baby weight, and had another 5-10 to go. I shed those too, but got a new job in the mean time that involved a lot of travel (flight and driving) and a lot more eating out than I'm used to. Since then I've bounced around in my weight between 145 and 155. This is not a good look on me. My clothes don't fit right and I don't feel good about myself. I wasn't making healthy choices and I was finding it much easier to just feel bad about myself than to actually do anything about it. I joined a gym in November and went for about a month, and then found it really hard again to get motivated and to make myself drive over there. 


This is where 21 Day Fix came in for me. My awesome friend Jody always tell me that anyone can do anything for _________ (insert period of time here). So I told myself, "anyone can do anything for 21 days." And here I am. I found my "thing". I found the thing that I was excited enough about to commit to, wholeheartedly. So now I'm on a fitness journey that I hope lasts much longer than 21 days, already having a positive impact on my whole family. 

Today's Biggest: 
Challenge(s): Was not a huge fan of today's workout, didn't get my purples in before 6:00 (but I did get it before 7:00)

Success: DINNER, yesterday I made it to 138oz of water!!!!, going outside my comfort zone for the foods that I bought today - proud of myself for trying new things (greek yogurt, ricotta cheese, and I bought tilapia on Thursday - I don't eat fish) 

Tomorrow I will try to:
  • Not let the weekend derail my progress
  • Drink more water!

4 comments:

  1. 138 oz of water?! Wow. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing an amazing job Leslie! Plus be proud your FAMILY is adapting to these changes too and trying to become healthier as a whole. That is a HUGE step!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be frustrated with my own week 1 results, but changing habits with my kids is worth every ounce of energy and every penny spent!

      Delete