About Me

I'm a 27-year-old mother of 3 with a full-time job that has me on the road a lot. I've been looking for a way to get myself back on track and live a healthier lifestyle. I hope you'll join me on my journey!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The joys of being a mom...

Ohhhhhh Aaden...

After Lower Body Fix
So yesterday I was working out and my 5-year-old sat in front of me eating the biggest, most delicious frosted sugar cookie (they are famous around here, and we only get them once a year - if that - for Valentine's Day). Okay, so there's that. Meanwhile, my 7-year-old gymnast daughter is doing all the moves with ease, while eating her cookie, of course.

Today I'm doing the modified version of one of the exercises (Lower Body Fix) because my quads are burning and I'm just working to stay moving. Aaden comes in and asks why I'm cheating and not doing the part with my arms like I'm supposed to. Nothing like making me feel guilty! However, I had no idea that I would sweat this much doing a leg workout. It was crazy - and definitely harder than I thought it was going to be. I have NO idea when I'll get my workout in tomorrow. We're in a blizzard warning, so my "hope" is that I'll be able to stay home and get it in. We'll see. Otherwise it's going to have to be at like 9:30 tomorrow night and that's not fun. You'll notice that at no point did it enter my head that maybe I could get up a little earlier and do my workout. No thanks! My sleep is WAY too precious!

Today's Lunch
I'm still not feeling well, but I'm pretty proud of myself for continuing to workout and eat right even though I feel like crap. And I didn't have any Diet Dew today (no headaches so far, either). Lunch today was kiwi and Kiwi-Strawberry Shakeology with almond milk: 1 red, 1 yellow, 2 purples.

I'm having a hard time getting all my containers in still, so I'm a little worried about my calorie intake. Even when I do eat them all I still don't hit 1200 calories in a day, plus the workout. I don't feel hungry at all, but my net calorie intake is somewhere around 600-700. I'm not sure that's entirely healthy? But I'm following the book pretty much to the letter, so I'm not sure what else I would do about it, this is the way it's designed.

I am already starting to think in terms of colors. Tonight I fed my kids in colors. Rylee got a blue, a green, a red, and a yellow. Aaden got 3 yellows, a green, 2 spoons, and whatever strawberry jam is. So what looked like a healthy PB&J on wheat, carrots, and almond milk didn't seem quite so healthy - pretty heavy on yellows. But - win on the kids asking for almond milk for dinner!

Today's Biggest: 
Challenge(s): Still not feeling well, but I think I'm on the mend. 

Success: Still worked out, even though I'm not feeling well, and the kids are seeing my healthy choices and making them for themselves (minus the leftover valentine's cookies). 

Tomorrow I will try to:
  • Plan my meals in a way that make sense for my late night
  • Drink more water! I'm not doing well enough with this yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment