About Me

I'm a 27-year-old mother of 3 with a full-time job that has me on the road a lot. I've been looking for a way to get myself back on track and live a healthier lifestyle. I hope you'll join me on my journey!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Terrible Two

Apparently life is out to get me on this challenge! It's day 2 and I'm facing one of my biggest challenges - trying to stick with something when I'm sick. For *years* I have been derailed from my routines and programs when I get sick. And just 2 days in, here it is. I've completely lost my voice and my throat is so dry!

Challenge #2 today: I failed on the Diet Dew front. Since I didn't feel well I couldn't deal with the caffeine withdrawal headaches AND the throat issues. That being said, I still only had 24oz vs the 2-3 liters I have most days. So I still call it a win.

Challenge #3: This one will be ongoing - we rarely eat dinner before 6:00, so making sure to have my yellows and purples done by 6:00 is going to take a lot more planning on my part. That'll be something to think about as I keep editing my menu/meal planning.

Success #1: I made sure I still got my workout in, even though I didn't fell well. Which is a MAJOR win!

Success #2: I'm actually not feeling quite so sore today! My calves are worst still, but manageable, and while I can still feel it in my butt and my abs, I'm feeling so much better about the workouts!

So overall, day 2 was rough, but I'm happy I stuck with it the best I could for today. Tomorrow is another day, and I can't wait to see what the Lower Body Fix has in store for me. I'm also finding that Mexican food is a really safe go-to on this diet.

Dinner: Turkey tacos (red), corn tortillas (yellow), cheese (blue), lime juice (free), taco sauce (free)

Tomorrow I will work on:

  • Keeping my purple/yellow containers before 6pm
  • Going harder in my workout (maybe it was because it was just arms, today was definitely not a "sweaty" workout kind of day).
  • No Diet Mt Dew


No comments:

Post a Comment