About Me

I'm a 27-year-old mother of 3 with a full-time job that has me on the road a lot. I've been looking for a way to get myself back on track and live a healthier lifestyle. I hope you'll join me on my journey!

Sunday, February 16, 2014

My diet lets me eat BACON!

O. M. G.

I don't know the last time you were on a diet that let you eat bacon, but for me it was... it's been since... oh yeah, never. Now it's turkey bacon, sure, and for the true bacon aficionado (like those who get tickets to BaconFest), it might not count. But for me? When I'm craving something delicious but trying to be healthy? IT TOTALLY COUNTS! You can have 4 slices of turkey bacon as one red container. That means, of course, that a BLT? Totally on the menu! I pre-cooked 3 servings (4 slices) and put them in plastic baggies to have on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday - easy to grab, and totally yummy.

I know I still don't officially start until tomorrow, but I am getting really anxious. So last night I tried the BONUS DVD of Plyo Fix. Holy crap, I think Autumn was trying to kill me. Even when I've been in decent shape I've never done any sort of plyo, so right now, being completely out of shape, this was NOT the place to start. Okay, that's a lie, because even though I felt like I might die, I felt like I might die in a good way. I tried to do a mixture of the regular (when I could) and the modifier.

Tomorrow will be my first day giving up Diet Mt Dew (dear Lord, please help me!), and I also have a full day on the road. But I know planning my workouts is a big part of success, so I'm PLANNING to do my 30 minutes of Total Body Cardio after I get home from work (hopefully by 2:00) and before I take my daughter to gymnastics (3:30). Fingers crossed!


3 comments:

  1. How did you figure out that 4 slices of turkey bacon is a red container??? I need to find the conversions for such things….like when I make my turkey chili I need to figure out what containers that would encompass…..any ideas??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The turkey bacon ration I got out of the book, and for your chili that is also in the back of the book - a meat chili (a green sized container) is counted as a red and a yellow (not as a green even though you eat that portion size).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes…saw the portion size on the turkey bacon after I posted :-p

    The turkey chili I make is really simple: 97% lean ground turkey breast, 1 16oc can tomato puree, 1/2 c chopped onion, 1/2c chopped orange pepper, 1tbsp crushed garlic, 1 8 oz can red beans and chili seasonings…thats it! So when I was looking at the food lists I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to calculate the turkey and such for containers!! Thanks so much for the help!

    ReplyDelete