About Me

I'm a 27-year-old mother of 3 with a full-time job that has me on the road a lot. I've been looking for a way to get myself back on track and live a healthier lifestyle. I hope you'll join me on my journey!

Friday, February 14, 2014

Here we go!

I am so excited to get started with this new diet and exercise challenge - 21 Day Fix!

I work in a job that has in me in the car a lot. So needless to say, I don't always get in a lot of exercise OR make the healthiest food choices. HOWEVER, I also work in a job that cares about health and wellness, and over Christmas break they sent each of us a copy of the book Eat Move Sleep. It really inspired me to start thinking about how I could make healthier choices in my life for myself, but also to set a good example for my children.

You see, I'm a mother of three. After I had my daughter I did an AWESOME job of getting back into shape and losing all the "baby weight". However, that's easier at 20 than it is at 27. When I had my second child I gained a TON of weight, and while I lost most of it, I was far from being back into great shape. When he was about a year old I found some motivation, joined a gym, worked out with my sister, and actually ran my first 5K in 2010. My 3rd baby was born almost a year ago - spring of 2013. I lost the weight I gained during pregnancy, but have not had an ounce of motivation since.

So I'm hoping now, that between the support at work, support of family (my other sister will be starting 21 Day Fix soon!), and support of my AWESOME BeachBody coach and friend, Erin, that I'll be able to see some results and get started toward a journey of healthier eating and a healthier lifestyle.

I know I have challenges ahead of me in this process. I'm hoping by publicly addressing them that I'll be able to face them head-on - and maybe some of my readers will have hints!

Challenges:
#1: Diet Mountain Dew - I am a HUGE Diet Dew junkie! I've been "addicted" to it since before I got married because it tastes like "regular" pop (sort of) and isn't a dark cola that would stain my teeth and negate the teeth whitening I was doing at the time. Well, years later I'm still hooked. I'm pretty sure if you cut me, I would bleed Diet Dew. It's a real problem. I promised Erin that I would do my best possible job to avoid it during the challenge.

#2: My schedule - I am on the road all the time, both for work and my daughter's gymnastics class. This poses two problems: 1) I spend a lot of time sitting (waiting for her and driving) and 2) I'm on the road during meal times and it makes it hard to have regular meals and find healthy choices. My schedule also often leaves me exhausted. I'm hoping that Shakeology (I'm drinking strawberry) will have a positive impact on my energy levels.

#3: I'm a mom - I don't know how much of my body shape after 3 kids can even be affected or if I'm just stuck. I'm hoping that a good program will help, but who knows. That might not be a problem for some, but I get discouraged really easily when it comes to diet and exercise, so I'm worried that if I don't see results, I'll give up. That's something to work on beyond just this challenge.

I don't want any of these to be excuses anymore, but I think it's healthy (and smart) to recognize up front the challenges I will face.

No comments:

Post a Comment