About Me

I'm a 27-year-old mother of 3 with a full-time job that has me on the road a lot. I've been looking for a way to get myself back on track and live a healthier lifestyle. I hope you'll join me on my journey!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

The end is near!

I'm gearing up for the 3 Day Quick Fix and getting a little nervous about it! Between struggling to find the right products in my area and not like fish and knowing my schedule is not super flexible for implementing 5-6 meals, I'm a little anxious.

That being said, I will make one last shopping trip tonight to get yams and coconut oil (still didn't find extra virgin), and I'll be on my way! I have been enjoying my food the last couple of days though! This was my lunch yesterday - I've been eating a LOT of turkey bacon! Because it feels like I'm cheating and it's delicious, but I'm not. I just cook a whole package and then portion it out into baggies and then I can grab what I need. I usually just eat it cold, it's still awesome. So that, and GREEK YOGURT are two of my 21 day fix staples! It's funny, my biggest "problem area" or "cravings" before would fall under the yellow category (carbs!!!!!) but reds are my favorite.

One of my biggest complaints about the program is that I didn't have the option to buy an extra set of containers. So now 3 weeks in my dog has chewed up my purple container (still functional, but annoying), so I'm out that, and I'm also finding that my Shakeo shaker is always in the dishwasher (like the rest of my containers. So I've really turned to Tupperware products to supplement this. It's been great because they are durable, good quality, life-time guarantee, and fun colors! So I've been using my T-ware GRAVY SHAKER to do my shake, and honestly I think it works BETTER than my Shakeo one. Then I pour it over ice into one of my mega glasses. I use these for water, too, because I only have to fill it 3x a day to get to my water intake goal.


Not pictured here is the little snack pack container that I use for reds - because I cook a lot of my reds in advance I run out of containers, but Tupperware make a little snack pack size that I have about 8 of, and they are exactly the size of a red. So I know people make an argument for buying it cheaper at Wal-Mart, but I'm a big fan of quality products, so I like T-ware. Someone in my challenge group also said that the omelette maker is awesome, as well. But I am not an egg fan. Another reason I am nervous about 3 Day Quick Fix. I don't like eggs, fish, OR oatmeal! I'm probably crazy for even trying it!



Today's Biggest: 
Challenge(s): I'm still tired. I got my first workout in the morning, but I have another busy day, and I'm hoping to be able to push through. I did Plyo this morning instead of Total Body Cardio to mix it up. So I have Pilates left, which is one of my favorites, at least! I'm also getting a little bored with some of my foods (who can eat baby carrots EVERY SINGLE DAY???) and not getting as many greens in right now.

Success(es): I've got a plan for my busy day so I can fit everything in and get my meals prepped for this 3DQF, my challenge group is amazing, and I feel very supported. I'm seeing a little more weight-loss this week, which is motivating me, and I'm really hoping I don't see another jump up like I did the other day. There are forces working against me here, I swear! Oh! And yesterday I did Upper, Lower, AND Abs to make up for skipping my double on Tuesday. Win!

Tomorrow I will try to:
  • Eat my fish.
  • Eat all my greens
  • Keep up the good work with my water - I've been doing better again!
  • Push hard through the 3DQF

No comments:

Post a Comment