About Me

I'm a 27-year-old mother of 3 with a full-time job that has me on the road a lot. I've been looking for a way to get myself back on track and live a healthier lifestyle. I hope you'll join me on my journey!

Friday, March 14, 2014

Round 2

Well, I'm off on round two, but I have not been as "hardcore" or strict about it as I was during the first round, and I can feel it. Since starting my second round on Monday I have had two days where I got 40oz of water or less. Monday, I took my first ever trip to A&W (and had my first drink of root beer!) - this resulted in eating a fast food chicken sandwich (not a super choice), and breaking down and eating cheese balls with ranch. After 5 hours of driving and 6 hours of training I was perfectly happy to have Subway for dinner. Needless to say, that was not 21 day approved! I also managed to skip my workout that day. Extra fail.

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were much better. I followed the plan no problem, and I've even been doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred on top of most of my 21DF workouts.

But then it was Friday. Ohhhhh Friday, my old friend. We took the kids on a family field trip today to the state (Iowa) historical museum. The original plan also included the botanical center, but we spent our whole time at the museum! It's a GREAT (FREE) place to take kids, if you get the chance.

However, on the road, we needed to stop for lunch. This girl chose Zombie Burger. I don't have pictures of my meal, but let's just say the loaded Zombie fries are about as healthy as they sound, and my Trailer Trash burger (a cheeseburger topped with ranch, cheese balls, and fried pickles) was AMAZING. It was, like, ridiculously good. HOWEVER, as you can imagine, when you've been eating clean for a good amount of time (4 weeks) and then choose to put garbage in your stomach, it doesn't end well.

Easton climbing across the
table to eat my cupcake.
But I did not stop there! After the museum we stopped at Creme Cupcakes - as seen on Cupcake Wars - and got a dozen cupcakes to celebrate my daughter's birthday since she has practice next Friday and we won't be able to do a birthday dinner. So I also scarfed down (with the help of Easton) a lemon cupcake. Also amazing! But again... maybe not my best choice of the week.

So fast forward to me laying in bed with stomach cramps that I thought were going to kill me. At this point, my 5 year old offered to do my workout for me (he wanted to do Dirty 30 so he could lift weights). What a sweetheart, right? I thought so too, until he followed it up by telling his sister that I kinda looked fat, like I was going to have another baby. Thanks buddy. Awesome. We're going to need to have a talk about things you do and do not say to women.

When I finally did get around to my workouts tonight my daughter (age 7) did them with me! We did both Cardio Fix and 30 Day Shred Level 1. She was right there beside me and even sent me this text in the middle of workout number two!


A little support and motivation go a long way. I really appreciated both of them working with me today. Aaden's comment (yes, I know he didn't know any better) reminded me that I have a long way to go - I do not need to be sitting around eating junk like I did today (as amazingly delicious as it was - don't get me wrong. If you are in the mood for awesome burgers or cupcakes, I recommend both). Rylee's message was just what I needed.

Today's Biggest: 
Challenge(s): I need to work as hard through round two as I did in round one. I obviously cannot expect results if I don't put in the work. Rylee's birthday party is tomorrow, and I am desperately wanting to try her cake (we went to a new baker this time). We'll see how I feel tomorrow. Maybe a small piece.

Success(es): I got in a lot of double workouts this week, and I pushed through some really rough, long days with my workouts. Even though I missed Monday, I managed to do great workouts on days when in the past I would have just curled up in bed. I also have been doing awesome on kicking that whole Diet Dew addiction! In 4 weeks I have had 3! A glass, a bottle, and a can. To me, that is a MAJOR WIN.

Tomorrow I will try to:
  • Get my eating back on track. 
  • Eat all my greens
  • Do better on my water

No comments:

Post a Comment